ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving to TSM Capacity based licensing from PVU - experiences

2012-07-16 07:15:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving to TSM Capacity based licensing from PVU - experiences
From: Ian Smith <ian.smith AT OUCS.OX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:12:51 +0000
Hi,

We are in the midst of discussions on moving to capacity-based licensing from
the standard PVU-based method for our site. We have a large number of clients (
licensed via TSM-EE, TDP agents, and on client-device basis ) and around 1PB of
primary pool data. As I understand it, there is no published metric for the
conversion from PVU to per TB licensing so I would be really interested and
grateful if anyone would like to share their experiences of that conversion in
a private email to me.

Many thanks in advance.
Ian Smith
Oxford University