ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] select or other command

2012-06-29 16:05:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] select or other command
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:59:02 -0400
The file name and node is in the contents table,  but I don't believe
there is any way to tell which date it was backed up, so you couldn't tell
which version of the file it is.  (i.e. it will just say
"/var/log/messages", but not the date it was backed up)

The backups table does have this information, but not the volume the file
is sitting on.   This is extremely tough on the database, but if you
really have to, have to do this.

You would select the object_id from the "BACKUPS" table using the file
name and path (node_name, hla_name, ll_name)
Then you can use the object_id to select the volume_name from the contents
table.

I once witnessed a select for all "*.nsf" files in the BACKUPS table.  It
took more than a month to finish the command (but it did work).
I would avoid this at most costs.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
avalnche96 AT YAHOO DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
06/28/2012 08:38 PM
Please respond to
avalnche96 AT yahoo DOT com

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] select or other command

Hello,

Over the years I've saved a lot of commands but never saw one for this.
I'm not sure if it is possible but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has
it.

Is it possible to create a select command that I input the name of a file
that was backed up and have the output tell me what tape(s) it would be
on? I have a command that will tell me all the tapes a node has data
on, and another to spit out the contents of a tape to a file, and from
there search for the filename but I'm curious if there is an easier way.

Thank You
Geoff Gill

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.