ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 issues

2012-06-29 11:13:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 issues
From: "Meunier, Yann" <yann.meunier AT CAISSEDESDEPOTS DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:24:26 +0000
Hi,

Following the deployment guide, you should be able to configure:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r3/topic/com.ibm.itsm.mail.exc.doc/b_dp_mail_exc_guide_win.pdf

Regarding the hardware configuration is based on your architecture.
Personally I would pick the type backup LAN-Free

You will find some explanations concerning proxy nodes and vss features.

Tips to save: the user running the backup (service account) must have an
Exchange Administrator role

Tips for Architecture: I suggest you initially, if this is not the case, a
complete separation of volume Exchange logs and database.

I strongly suggest you given the amount of data to perform the following
Planning: Full weekly + Incremental daily

Then you can implement two policies backups via the file configuration
tpdexc.cfg.

-        An incremental backup carried ​​via the network (LAN).

o        This one will only back up logs files shall terminate on a TSM storage
Pool disk.

-        The other will be used for full backups and can be provided by the
network if it allows otherwise in FC (LAN-Free)

Best Regards,

Yann MEUNIER

Ingénierie - Système Stockage

Informatique CDC - Etablissement DPI