ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] select or other command

2012-06-28 20:39:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] select or other command
From: Geoff Gill <avalnche96 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:38:05 -0700
Hello,

Over the years I've saved a lot of commands but never saw one for this. I'm not
sure if it is possible but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has it.

Is it possible to create a select command that I input the name of a file that
was backed up and have the output tell me what tape(s) it would be on? I have a
command that will tell me all the tapes a node has data on, and another to spit
out the contents of a tape to a file, and from there search for the filename
but I'm curious if there is an easier way.

Thank You
Geoff Gill