ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM cfg-mgr and managed servers during 5.5 > 6.3 upgrade

2012-06-08 08:59:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM cfg-mgr and managed servers during 5.5 > 6.3 upgrade
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 05:49:49 -0700
Sorry for the late response to this, my email client helpfully ignored
ADSM-L messages for a while.

If it helps others, we've been running a v5.5 config manager and v6
servers for a while, with no issues so far. When I get time (ha!) I'll
update the config manager to v6.3.

On 02/28/12 13:10, Rick Adamson wrote:
> I have five version 5.5 TSM Servers that I am preparing to upgrade to
> 6.3.
>
> One server is designated as the configuration manager and the other 4
> are managed servers for admin schedules, policy domains, etc.
>
> While I might have missed it I don't recall the documentation discussing
> how to handle them.
>

> Do I start with the cfg-mgr, the managed servers, does it matter ?
>
> When upgraded are the configuration manager and managed server roles
> retained?
>

> I will be using the new system network method and before I get started
> would like to know how more about how to handle, and feedback or links
> would be appreciated.
>

> TIA
>
> ~Rick
>
> Jacksonville. FL.

-- Systems Administrator, Genome Sciences Department
-- University of Washington, School of Medicine