ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What does volume status of OFFLINE mean/do?

2012-06-04 14:51:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What does volume status of OFFLINE mean/do?
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 13:46:05 -0500
If it helps, we have taken random volumes off-line when an array restart was
required.  We also had our AIX admin unmount the volumes.  Once the array was
on-line we reversed the changes and all was good.
If possible test it, we last did this with TSM 5.3 and probably AIX 5.1.
Expect many alerts if TSM is running a process that needs data from the
off-line volumes.

Andy Huebner