ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Different treatment of ANS and ANE messages in the server activity log

2012-05-30 10:21:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Different treatment of ANS and ANE messages in the server activity log
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 10:01:14 -0400
Neil -

My question would be: What are ANS messages doing in the server Activity Log?
From everything I know, client-initiated messages conveyed to the TSM server
should be logged in the Activity Log as ANE messages, where they can be
distributed to event logging receivers.  I can't recall ever seeing any ANS
messages in the Activity Log.  This may be the result of a software error, if
it is occurring.

If ANS messages are appearing in the server Activity Log, I can see how they
would be disregarded in severity level interpretation as being foreign matter.

   Richard Sims