ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Mega-Exchange backup

2012-05-15 11:46:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Mega-Exchange backup
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:40:43 -0400
We enabled jumbo frames just for our Exchange backups, and that helped.  TSM
server is a p740, 2 10Gb NICs.  Backups used to go direct to LTO4 tape which
worked ok, but now go to FILE (7200 SAS-NL).  We are seeing network transfer
rates (ANE4966I) of 66 to 180 MB/s, depending on the data size.  Larger
transfers are in the 60-90 MB/s range, as Charles suggested.  We have 10
Exchange servers, all feeding data to our TSM server somewhat in parallel.

HTH
..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
CIT Infrastructure / Storage Services     Fx: 607-255-8521