ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] server to server dbbackup

2012-05-01 02:58:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] server to server dbbackup
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 01:52:48 -0500
We have two separate locations that house TSM servers. They back up
their databases to each other. Mixture of TSM V5.5 and V6.2 is not a
problem. The VOLHISTORY and DEVCONFIG statements in the dsmserv.opt file
each define two separate files - one is local and the other is an NFS
mount in the campus cloud. Plus each server does its normal file backup
as an ordinary TSM client to a TSM server at the other site. It all
works fine.

The documentation in the "TSM Administrator's Guide" is pretty good on
this topic.

======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====