ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Inclexcl File Syntax Question

2012-04-20 14:45:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Inclexcl File Syntax Question
From: "Ballenger, Craig" <cballenger AT FSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:33:21 +0000
Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu] On Behalf Of
Shawn Drew
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 2:24 PM
To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu

Do those specific names show up as individual filesystems in a "df" output ?
(i.e. not subdirectories, etc)

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
cballenger AT FSU DOT EDU

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
04/20/2012 02:11 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Inclexcl File Syntax Question

All,

On systems where we're running Oracle database instances, we generally have
four filesystems dedicated to Oracle named: /u01, /u02, /u03, & /u04.

Since these are used by a DBMS, we don't want to back them up with TSM using
normal filesystem backups as those backups would be useless.

(The databases are instead backed up via TDPO or RMAN.)

So, we want to exclude those four filesystems from TSM backups.

We should be able to put these entries in the include-exclude file (normally
configured as "/{usr|opt}/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl")

to exclude those filesystems:

exclude.fs /u01

exclude.fs /u02

exclude.fs /u03

exclude.fs /u04

...but, I've found that for some reason those don't seem to work.

So, instead, I've tried these entries:

exclude.dir /u01

exclude.dir /u02

exclude.dir /u03

exclude.dir /u04

...which do seem to work.

Which is the correct syntax to exclude the filesystems?

Thanks,

Craig

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with its
purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is
prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the integrity
of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore
be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain functions and
services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.