ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Oricle backups

2012-04-12 09:03:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Oricle backups
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:57:03 -0400
Gary,

Reply to me off-list.  We use Banner/Blackboard and backup everything with
TSM/TDP for Oracle.  I can connect you to one of the folks who handle all
things Oracle backups.

Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services
zforray AT vcu DOT edu - 804-828-4807

From:   "Lee, Gary" <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date:   04/11/2012 03:57 PM
Subject:        [ADSM-L] Oricle backups

Well, I have now been tasked with backing up our Banner system.
This uses oricle as its back end db.

Seeking the wisdom of the group as to the best way to deal with oricle.

Is there now a tdp for oricle?

Any information / experiences welcome.
Servers are all RHEL 5 on intel.

Gary Lee