ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Start Schedule Is Denied

2012-04-10 09:22:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] Start Schedule Is Denied
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:18:35 -0400
I have a curious situation with one or two clients issuing the following
message:

4/9/2012 10:52:32 PM ANR2568E Request for node SASBICOMP.VCU.EDU to start
schedule BANNER at 04/10/2012 10:00:00 PM is denied. Current time is
04/09/2012 10:52:31 PM.

Trying to figure out what is going on.

The hits I found thus far talk about an old client issue (these nodes are
at 6.2.2.x and higher) or a possible date/time issue on either the TSM
server or client (neither - just checked and both are perfectly synched /
in-time).

Any suggestions on what could be causing this and/or exact details on how
to interpret this message?  The book is a little lacking - talks about
time-traveling:

The client scheduler attempted to start the specified instance of a
schedule for a node. The request was denied because that instance is still
in the future.

Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University