ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm Node replication on Version 6.3

2012-04-05 05:04:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm Node replication on Version 6.3
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 08:59:35 +0000
Hi Alexander , Erwann

Thank’s for the input … Appreciate

Regards Robert

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Alexander Heindl
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:26 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

I'm using it productive...

my reccomendations:
expire inventory right before replication to reduce the amount of data to
replicate.
and to prevent ressource waiter timeouts: do not backup and replicate a node at
the same time.
best practice: backup, expire, replication
to do so, I created an "expire and replicate" admin schedule which reschedules
to "now+5 minutes" as long as backup is still running.

if you have a weak line and you need it during day for business, consider
canceling replication.
somtimes this can take a while (up to hours for weak lines). a PMR is open for
that.

last thing to know about: it is no replacement for a copypool. I'd call it an
"addon" to disaster capabilities which allows you to "instantly" access data of
a node, like some did it with daily "export node" in the past.

Regards,
Alexander Heindl