ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] CIFS shares user permissions

2012-04-03 17:24:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] CIFS shares user permissions
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 07:21:17 +1000
Hi Grant

It appears that the apar overstates the requirement.

My security people had a lot of issues with making the backup service
runner a domain admin.  Fortunately it is not necessary.  At the filer I
made the id a member of the filer's adminstrators and backup operators
groups, and all is now working.  Mind you I am not using snapdiff.

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin