ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Move NodeData

2012-03-30 14:34:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] Move NodeData
From: George Huebschman <george.huebschman AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:30:15 -0400
I think I have misunderstood how the command "move nodedata" works in
regard to offsite media.
I had believed that it functioned in the same way that reclamation and move
data operations worked, utilizing onsite media to write new offsite media.

This quote relates to  the "move data" command:
You can use this command to move files from an offsite volume in a copy
storage pool or active-data pool. Because the offsite volume cannot be
mounted, the server obtains the files that are on the offsite volume
from either a primary storage pool, another copy storage pool, or
another active-data pool. These files are then written to the
destination volumes in the original copy storage pool or active-data
pool.

I see nothing like that in the description of the "move nodedata" command.
It looks like I made a false assumption.
Is that so?
--
George Huebschman
Cell 301 875-1227

"When you have a choice, spend money where you would prefer to work if you
had NO choice."