ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Controling FILLING tapes at end of Migration

2012-03-13 03:06:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Controling FILLING tapes at end of Migration
From: Steven Langdale <steven.langdale AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 06:56:50 +0000
I'm assuming the number of filling tapes isn't increasing, it's higher than
you want, but stable. yes?

As i'm sure you are aware, this is "normal" behavior.  I've also been there
and tried to fight it.  In that instance I ran a job after the migration
that did a move data on the smallest volumes.

You're fighting against something you're not going to win though,  they
will keep coming back.

If you need collocation groups and you are in this situation, the best
approach is to procure extra library capacity.  Easier said than done I
know, but a MUCH easier approach.

Steven