ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] TDP 6.3 and Exchange 2010?

2012-03-12 15:42:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] TDP 6.3 and Exchange 2010?
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT DA.KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:22:47 +0000
I've not looked for a Redbook, we fought the initial setup for several days,
using PMRs to get through several of the steps.

The TSM server is 6.2.3.0, running on Windows 2008 R2.

The major points that I recall:

Created a new Domain, with only one Mgmt Class, thus the default.

In that domain:
Created a nodename that is used at the BA-Client.  Let's call this
"ExchangeServer1".

Created a second nodename that is used at the TDP-Client.  Let's call this
"ExchangeServerTDP".

ExchangeServerTDP displays ExchangeServer1 as a Proxy Authority:  Via the
AdminCenter GUI, open ExchangeServerTDP, click Proxy Authority, add
ExchangeSever1.

Both nodes (ExchangeServerTDP and ExchangeServer1) were given "client owner"
authority level in the TSM server Administrators list.

Created two schedules: one for C:\EXCFULL.CMD; one for C:\EXCINCR.CMD.

Assigned the schedules to ExchangeServerTDP.

I didn't do all the TDP install and VSS setup testing; that was done by the
Exchange Server admin. I can only work with the TSM Server side details.  The
TDP install apparently created the excfull.cmd and excincr.cmd files as
examples for customization.  I recall the Exchange Admin was impressed by the
6.3 TDP GUI and how some initial testing for VSS setup was fairly easy.

Our knees were very bloody getting through all of it; and at the moment
scheduled backup appears to be successful only if the TDP Scheduler Service has
"logon as" set to a domain account that has Exchange permissions. We've not
seen that as a requirement in the setup guide.

Recall the phrase: Your mileage may vary!  Good luck with it.

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Department of Administration - Office of Information
Technology Services
Harold.Vandeventer AT da.ks DOT gov
(785) 296-0631