ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] migration threads for random access pool and backups issue

2012-03-11 00:11:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] migration threads for random access pool and backups issue
From: amit jain <amit12.jain AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 21:08:41 -0800
Hi,

I have to backup large data ~ 300TB and have small DISK POOL SIZE 500GB. I
have 3 filespaces, backing up on single node. I am triggering multiple
dsmc,  dividing the filespace  on directories. I have 15 E06 Tape drives
and can allocate 5 drives for this backup.

If I run multiple dsmc sessions the, server starts only one migration
process and one tape mount.
As per ADMIN GUIDE the Migration for Random Access is "Performed by node.
Migration from random-access pools can use multiple processes."

My Question:
1. On Random Access pools multiple migration sessions can be generated,
only if we backup on multiple nodes ? Is my understanding correct or there
is any way to increase the number of tape mounts ?

2. The only way to speed up with current resources is to backup to File
device class, so that I can have multiple tape mounts?

3. Any inputs to speed up this backup?

Server and client both are on Linux, running TSM version 6.2.2

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Amit