ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] New TSM Server Configuration

2012-03-10 12:55:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] New TSM Server Configuration
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 12:49:54 -0500
I have a new xServer arriving with 5x300GB internal SAS drives and a RAID
controller. The server will be Windows 2008 R2 and TSM 6.3.1. The storage
pool space will be on SAN attached storage.

Looking for some opinions on the disk layout..RAID or not to RAID..? I'll
need about 200GB for the database, archlog and activelog on the internal
disk and I'll put a archfailover log out on the SAN somewhere.

Suggestions are welcome while I also spend the weekend RTFM'ing.

Bill Boyer
"Enjoy life. It has an expiration date." - ??