ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Re-activating files?

2012-03-06 09:13:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] Re-activating files?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:09:34 -0500
I think I know the answer to this question, but I'm asking just in case
someone's got a trick...

I've got a customer, who's got a user who deleted a third of a TB of
Stuff.  He's completed his restore, but: between the deletion and the
restore an incr ran.  So as currently configured, next incr another
326GB, formally sworn to be 'the same' 326GB as was there last time,
will get re-backed up.

We're a chargeback service, so this represents not-trivial money.

So, the question:  Is there any way to 're-activate' inactive backups?

I'm not aware of any such, but I figured I'd ask the assemblage Just In
Case.

- Allen S. Rout