ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Deployment Engine Failed to initialize

2012-02-29 12:29:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Deployment Engine Failed to initialize
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:21:10 -0500
On 02/28/2012 03:55 PM, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:
I keep wondering if this is FACT or RECOMMENDATION.

Based on this document:
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21053218          it
says you can not use the 6.3 CLIENT with a 5.5 SERVER.   I documented this
and some user didn't pay attention and installed the 6.3 client on a node
still on a 5.5 server.  So far, there haven't been any issues and it works
just fine.

I think that this is the difference between a supported configuration
and a working configuration.

I'm pretty sure I had TSM v3 clients well into my 5.5 servers.  I'd
already warned folks that they were going out of support, but...

I expect that backlevel clients will work in most normal environments;
simple file incrementals et. alia.. but they should generate at least a
touch of organizational angst.

- Allen S. Rout