ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SNAPDIFF with CIFS on Linux supported?

2012-02-28 18:52:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SNAPDIFF with CIFS on Linux supported?
From: Grant Street <grants AT AL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:39:58 +1100
Couple of things

- you need to do the mount at the netapp volume level. So the share has
to be at the netapp volume level. mounting the volume at any other level
will generate this error.
- If you mount the same volume more than once at different
locations/levels it can get confused and give this error. So make sure
that there is only one mount under that volume.
- when you backup a Netapp windows permission volume, backing it up over
NFS will not capture more than standard unix permissions. In order to
capture full windows permissions you need to backup the volume from a
windows host or use NDMP.
- I haven't tried backing up via cifs on linux but, after you get it
working make sure you check the permissions are backed up and restored
properly.
- Make sure you setup the NAS user and password correctly

see
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/tivolistoragemanager/Snapshot+Differencing+Caveats

I created it to lessen the pain of others