ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Deployment Engine Failed to initialize

2012-02-28 16:32:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Deployment Engine Failed to initialize
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:55:12 -0500
I keep wondering if this is FACT or RECOMMENDATION.

Based on this document:
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21053218          it
says you can not use the 6.3 CLIENT with a 5.5 SERVER.   I documented this
and some user didn't pay attention and installed the 6.3 client on a node
still on a 5.5 server.  So far, there haven't been any issues and it works
just fine.

I am about to convert a 5.5 server to 6.x and was planning to jump
straight to 6.3.  However, there a few nodes still running 5.4 and LOWER
level clients (down to 5.1 for an IRIX system).

Anyone try a 5.x client with a 6.3 server?

Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services