ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] million files backup

2012-02-02 12:04:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] million files backup
From: "Robert A. Clark" <robert.a.clark AT DAIMLER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 08:58:10 -0800
I find that "incrbydate" is often a win in making the first pass across a
filesystem with a large count of files to be backed up.

Doing a "dirsonly" pass is sometimes a win as well.

Thanks,
[RC]

jorgeamil AT HOTMAIL DOT COM
Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
02/02/2012 06:37 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] million files backup

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know what is the best way to make a filesystem backup than
contains million files?

Backup image is not posible because is a GPFS filesystem and is not
supported.

Thanks in advance

Jorge

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you
have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your
cooperation.