ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Be Aware: TSM 6.2.3 & AIX 7 TL2 FP2 don't mix

2012-01-31 08:47:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] Be Aware: TSM 6.2.3 & AIX 7 TL2 FP2 don't mix
From: Oscar Kolsteren <Oscar.Kolsteren AT INGDIRECT.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:44:22 -0000
Hi all,

This is just a warning; we had updated our AIX servers to TL6 FP6 and
had issues with our TSM server rebooting unexpectedly at random times.

Raised a call with IBM and they came back with the response that it had
to do with "APAR IV08112: POSSIBLE CRASH POSTING AIO/IOCP PACKET".

Solution was to upgrade AIX to TL7 hence I did.

Since then the TSM database backups are terrible slow so raised another
call for this.

Shockingly TSM support came back that AIX TL7 isn't supported for TSM
6.2 so they recommend either:

-          Upgrade AIX to v7 and TSM to 6.3

-          Roll back to AIX 6 TL2

You can imagine how annoying this is so please be aware

Best Regards,

Oscar

notify the system manager.

by an antivirus scanner for the presence of computer viruses.

ING Direct NV is a limited liability company incorporated in The
Netherlands. Registered in England & Wales, Branch Ref BR7357, 410
Thames Valley Park Drive, Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1RH.