ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDPExchange - Full Backup fails with TCP/IP Error

2012-01-22 15:08:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDPExchange - Full Backup fails with TCP/IP Error
From: "Eg. Bo." <egonle AT NETSCAPE DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:59:38 -0500
Hi,
the server actlog shows after sending of 114GB backup data.
ANE4993E (Session: 129167, Node: EXCH_TDP)  TDP
MSExchg ACN3502 Data Protection for Exchange: full backup of Storage Group 1 from server EXCH_TDP failed, rc = 418. (SESSION: 129167)

As the TDP does not send more data the TSM server the session is terminated after the connection timeout value (7000s).

There are 4 storage groups on that Exchange server but only two of them (1+2) keep failing - for FULL backups.

ADSM-L search results point to a network issue for RC=418. Why finishes the backup successfully for the other two storage groups?

I played around with TDPBUffers and TDPBufsize settings and somehow one full backup of SG1 finished successfully. I cannot recreate that though.

Is that a TDP or Exchange 2007 issue ? How can I track down if Exchange does not send any data to TDP or the TDP cannot send any further data to TSM ? Which Exchange Logs show more details. The application eventlog does not help.

Thanks.

--Eg