ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Offsite copypool question

2012-01-16 22:54:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] Offsite copypool question
From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 14:50:41 +1100
We have a linux shell script which we use to create our offsite copypool tapes.
Basically the commands are:

backup stg SQLDB_LTO4 SQLDB_COPYPOOL wait=yes

backup stg BKPLTO4POOL COPYPOOL_LTO3 wait=yes

Our primary SQL storage pool is SQLDB_DISKPOOL and it's secondary pool for data
migration is SQLDB_LTO4.

Our primary backup storage pool is BKPPOOL and it's secondary pool for data
migration is BKPLTO4POOL.

However I am finding that backups of SQL databases are also somehow ending up
in the BKPLTO4POOL storage pool because they are then in turn being backed up
into the COPYPOOL_LTO3 storage pool.

The reason I know this is that these SQL databases are very large files with
very distinctive (but consistent) sizes so as soon run "q pr" and see the
process copying a 185 Gb file from the BKPLTO4POOL storage pool to the
COPYPOOL_LTO3 storage pool I know which SQL database file that is.

On the SQL servers I have included the SQL database folder in the
Exclude-Include configuration of the normal TSM backup setup. (these databases
are backed up using TDP for SQL) As well as that, SQL is running all the time
so the normal TSM backup client would never be able to get a lock on these
database files. I already have a backup of these SQL databases in the
SQLDB_LTO4 storage pool and therefore a copy is in the SQLDB_COPYPOOL storage
pool so I don't need another copy in BKPLTO4POOL and COPYPOOL_LTO3

Any idea how I can work out why a backup copy of these SQL database backups are
ending up in BKPLTO4POOL and stop this from happening?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator

ANL Container Line Pty Limited

Email:  <mailto:pdudley AT anl.com DOT au> pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL - Regional Carrier of the Year 2011 - Containerisation International

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named add
ressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited. If you
received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail
from your s
ystem. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it for any purpose, or
disclose its
 contents to any person.