ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Testing conversion of V5.5 to V6.3

2012-01-12 09:56:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] Testing conversion of V5.5 to V6.3
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:55:16 -0500
I am going through the docs preparing to do my first test of converting a
V5 server to V6.3 on a test server/machine.

I am looking for details on EXACTLY what the DSMUPGRD PREPAREDB does.

Since this is a test/dry run, I don't want to do this against a live
server,  just a copy of it's databases.

Can I just restore the V5 DB to the test machine, install the DSMUPGRD
utility and run it against the restored DB?

How about from a DBSNAPSHOT of this database we do to an offsite TSM
server?

Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University