ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Sources of discrepancy between FILE volume size on disk and reported space?

2012-01-04 09:04:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Sources of discrepancy between FILE volume size on disk and reported space?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 08:59:45 -0500
On 01/04/2012 08:01 AM, Underdown,John William wrote:
i have the same issue with our document-imaging backups. this is due to
zillions of itty-bitty files being backed up, see below. btw, the
TXNGROUPMAX option only applies to files being backed up, not moved or
reclaimed.  [...]

Sounds like this could very well be my problem.  Thanks!

Shame I can't fix it for extant data.  I might not be able to fix it at
all:  if the content managment system sends just a page, or just a
packet of metadata, the txngroupmax will be irrelevant:  transaction
size = 1. :P

- Allen S. Rout