ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] - Exchange 2010 Restores

2012-01-04 07:35:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] - Exchange 2010 Restores
From: "Leonard, Matthew" <Matthew.Leonard AT ATLASAIR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 12:31:06 +0000
All,

I have a question.  We have a DAG Group in Exchange 2010 which we were using
the TDP PowerShell script to backup the 12 datastores within the DAG, however
the Backup would take way too long...and the logs would not clear until the
entire job was complete.  So now, we created 7 separate .CMD Files using the
following commands and 7 different schedules to kick these off.  However, How
would I restore one of these.  We have a 30 retention time and I can't figure
out how to open the TDP GUI pointing to these jobs.  I tried the way we did it
with exchange 2003 using the following shortcut path but it did not seem to
work properly. ("C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange\tdpexc.exe"
/excserver=exvs01)

One for each storage group (6 Total):
tdpexcc backup "XDCUserStore6" full /BACKUPMETHOD=VSS /BACKUPDESTINATION=TSM
/tsmoptfile=XDCUserStore6.opt /logfile=C:\TSM\excsch_XDCUserStore6.log >>
C:\TSM\excfull_XDCUserStore6.log

One for 6 Small Datastores
tdpexcc backup "XDCExecStore2" full /BACKUPMETHOD=VSS /BACKUPDESTINATION=TSM
/tsmoptfile=EXecCrewVendRes.opt /logfile=C:\TSM\excsch_EXecCrewVendRes.log >>
C:\TSM\excfull_EXecCrewVendRes.log
tdpexcc backup "XDCExecStore1" full /BACKUPMETHOD=VSS /BACKUPDESTINATION=TSM
/tsmoptfile=EXecCrewVendRes.opt /logfile=C:\TSM\excsch_EXecCrewVendRes.log >>
C:\TSM\excfull_EXecCrewVendRes.log
tdpexcc backup "XDCCrewStore1" full /BACKUPMETHOD=VSS /BACKUPDESTINATION=TSM
/tsmoptfile=EXecCrewVendRes.opt /logfile=C:\TSM\excsch_EXecCrewVendRes.log >>
C:\TSM\excfull_EXecCrewVendRes.log
tdpexcc backup "XDCCrewStore2" full /BACKUPMETHOD=VSS /BACKUPDESTINATION=TSM
/tsmoptfile=EXecCrewVendRes.opt /logfile=C:\TSM\excsch_EXecCrewVendRes.log >>
C:\TSM\excfull_EXecCrewVendRes.log
tdpexcc backup "XDCResStore1" full /BACKUPMETHOD=VSS /BACKUPDESTINATION=TSM
/tsmoptfile=EXecCrewVendRes.opt /logfile=C:\TSM\excsch_EXecCrewVendRes.log >>
C:\TSM\excfull_EXecCrewVendRes.log
tdpexcc backup "XDCVendorStore" full /BACKUPMETHOD=VSS /BACKUPDESTINATION=TSM
/tsmoptfile=EXecCrewVendRes.opt /logfile=C:\TSM\excsch_EXecCrewVendRes.log >>
C:\TSM\excfull_EXecCrewVendRes.log

Matthew J. Leonard
Network Infrastructure Administrator
AtlasAir Worldwide Holdings
Matthew.Leonard AT AtlasAir DOT com<mailto:Matthew.Leonard AT AtlasAir DOT com>
Office: 914.701.8715