ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] recovering a crashed TSM server

2011-12-27 02:13:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] recovering a crashed TSM server
From: Alper DİLEKTAŞLI <adilektasli AT HAVELSAN.COM DOT TR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 07:15:39 +0000
Hi,

If the version was 5.x, I could say absolutely yes. You should  install a new
TSM server with same version the old one. You should define old server
environment. DB volumes, devices, etc.  After this you can restore from backup
by specifiing db backup volumes at restore db command. I did it with v5.5.

Unfortunatelly, I don't have any experience with v6.x. It should be the same
way.

Good luck,
Alper