ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] AW: AW: Node replication DB sizing

2011-12-21 03:37:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] AW: AW: Node replication DB sizing
From: Michael malitz <michael.malitz AT MM-IT DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:31:33 +0100
Hallo Stefan,

if you set with the command  "set dbrecovery" the number of streams
(NUMStreams=),  as a result, automatically triggered DB Backups potentially
will use more than one drive during time periods where you "may be" do not
want it (on the other hand, if you specify  e.g. 4 streams  and do not have
enough drives, the streams are revised down to the available number (see msg
ANR4320W). What I did not test so far is the influence of database process
"preemption" on that behavior.

So, in fact both should work, but  I  would prefer to specify the number of
streams when I actually am executing the backup db command  during my daily
maintenance cycle in order to have "more control".

Rgds mikel
Michael Malitz
PS: My next TSM 6.3 update workshop will take place 12/13. January (affirmed
date)