ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] disabe/enable a sched via command line

2011-12-14 16:07:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] disabe/enable a sched via command line
From: "Robert A. Clark" <robert.a.clark AT DAIMLER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:05:52 -0800
Occasionally on a friday we'd get a request to skip some backups over the
weekend. If you set the start date for the schedule to Monday's date, you
accomplish no backups running over the weekend, and you don't have to
remember to do anything on Monday to get the schedule working again.

If you want to stop backups for a day, you could do something like "update
schedule domain_name schedule_name STARTDate=today+1"?

Thanks,
[RC]

david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG
Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
12/14/2011 10:22 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] disabe/enable a sched via command line

                I'm trying to figure out to enable and disable client
schedules from the command line. I've looked over the online help and
elsewhere but no luck.

                If the command was for an admin sched I would do "update
sched something type=admin active=yes/no" . But I don't see a similar
command for client schedules.
                thanks
David Tyree
Interface Analyst
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you
have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your
cooperation.