ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Thoughts on changing an offsite storage pool

2011-12-08 10:05:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] Thoughts on changing an offsite storage pool
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 09:57:02 -0500
We are finally able to move into electronic vaulting.  I will now have another
3494 to put into our offsite location.

My problem is how to get the current offsite data into the new library most
expediciously.
If I understand correctly, a device class is associated with a particular
library; therefore, a new class must be created for the new offsite library.
Can I check the existing offsite volumes into the new library thus effectively
moving them from their original devclass to the new one, or must I create an
entirely new offsite pool and then move data from the old offsite pool into the
new?

All cartridges are 3592j and drives are all ts1120.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University
phone: 765-285-1310