ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows Batch for Admin Jobs.

2011-12-07 08:46:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows Batch for Admin Jobs.
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 08:43:34 -0500
On 12/06/2011 10:01 PM, Prather, Wanda wrote:
Just a suggestion:
I think you'll get a lot more function, flexibility, and help if you wrap it in
perl.

+1;

Powershell is not hideous, and will certainly trip fewer alarms in the
mind of your average Windows type.   The PERL ecosystem of modules is
decades more complete, but most of that will be irrelevant for TSM
scripting.

> [...] I can run it on either platform.

We play both kinds:  Country _and_ Western.

 - Allen S. Rout