ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Backing up SQL snapshot files

2011-12-01 18:17:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] Backing up SQL snapshot files
From: jastryker <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 11:25:21 -0800
Hello,

Looking to see if anyone has run across file access issues while getting
backups of SQL snapshot files (*.ss) with TSM.

The posted error:
Sparse attributes for 'D:\SQL_Snapshot\...\...*.ss' cannot be backed up
correctly because the volume from which the file is backed up does not support
sparse files.

The IBM APAR #IC74758 indicates that it is a file access issue, since the
sparse file resides on a volume that supports sparse files.

I am new to TSM, so any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon Stryker