ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Collocaton by group

2011-12-01 03:50:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Collocaton by group
From: Paul van Dongen <Paul.vanDongen AT VANCIS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 08:49:15 +0000
I think this is a case for automation instead of micro management. I use a
small script for all new node definitions. This script calculates the size of
the existing collocation groups and automatically inserts the new node in the
group with least data. Additionally, if a collocgroup spans more than n tapes,
a new one is created.

Paul