ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Restore a down server to another server

2011-12-01 02:47:16
Subject: [ADSM-L] Restore a down server to another server
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 07:44:12 +0000
Hello

I had to restore a down client to another client , here the process I done:

SOURCE server = scif
DESTINATION server= mnhl22

On the destination server (MNHL22) I load dsmc with the command
–virtualnodename=scif and set access as:   set access backup *  *

Load on destination server (MNHL22) dsmc in regular mode  and type:  res
–fromnode=scif      /media/nss/DATA/Azilber1/*.*   /media/nss/NSCI/    -su=yes
  =voli

The restore complete successfully , all the directories and files was restored
, the only problem is user rights (NSS rights) wasn't restored.

I thought that the option –voli will restore all the permissions ?

Another question is if a difference if I want to allow access to all files in
all directories in and below the  /media/nss directory, between the set of
commands:

  set access backup /media/nss /*   *   *
  set access backup /media/nss /*/*  *  *

and just set access backup *  *

Did I  get the same result ?

My servers are Linux SLES9/OES1sp2 (SOURCE) Linux SLES10/OES2sp3 (DESTINATION)
, TSM client version on source V5.5.1 on target V6.1.0  . TSM server version is
V5.5.5.2

Regards

Robert Ouzen