ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] multi-threaded Exchange backups

2011-11-30 13:20:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] multi-threaded Exchange backups
From: Dmitry <demetr AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 21:47:23 +0400
Steve,  Me too

--
Dmitry Dukhov
Siberia Software SL
(Tivoli Storage Manager Software)
http://www.s-iberia.com

On 28.11.2011 18:00, Schaub, Steve wrote:
In case anyone is interested, I modified our Powershell script for full backup
of our Exchange databases so that it now backs up multiple concurrent Storage
Groups in a single script (because I'm too darn lazy to deal with multiple node
names, schedules, etc).

In our case, it dropped elapsed times from 36hr to 11hr, running 4 concurrent
threads.

If anyone would like a copy, just contact me.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer II, Windows Backup/Recovery
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
steve_schaub "at" bcbst.com

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm