ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] multi-threaded Exchange backups

2011-11-29 00:17:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] multi-threaded Exchange backups
From: Thorsten Burghardt <thorsten.burghardt AT KBS DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 06:14:20 +0100
Hi,
I am interested, too.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Thorsten Burghardt
mailto: thorsten.burghardt AT bechtle DOT com

Von:    "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Datum:  28.11.11 15:11
Betreff:        [ADSM-L] multi-threaded Exchange backups
Gesendet von:   "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

In case anyone is interested, I modified our Powershell script for full
backup of our Exchange databases so that it now backs up multiple
concurrent Storage Groups in a single script (because I'm too darn lazy to
deal with multiple node names, schedules, etc).

In our case, it dropped elapsed times from 36hr to 11hr, running 4
concurrent threads.

If anyone would like a copy, just contact me.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer II, Windows Backup/Recovery
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
steve_schaub "at" bcbst.com

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
E-mail disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm

+++++ 750 Jahre Knappschaft. Soziale Verantwortung zu jeder Zeit.
www.750jahre.info +++++