ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] multi-threaded Exchange backups

2011-11-28 16:16:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] multi-threaded Exchange backups
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:49:26 -0600
I would also be interested.

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Schaub, Steve
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 8:00 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] multi-threaded Exchange backups

In case anyone is interested, I modified our Powershell script for full
backup of our Exchange databases so that it now backs up multiple
concurrent Storage Groups in a single script (because I'm too darn lazy
to deal with multiple node names, schedules, etc).

In our case, it dropped elapsed times from 36hr to 11hr, running 4
concurrent threads.

If anyone would like a copy, just contact me.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer II, Windows Backup/Recovery
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
steve_schaub "at" bcbst.com

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
E-mail disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm
DISCLAIMER: This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments,
is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain legally
privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any
information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and destroy the original communication and its attachments
without reading, printing or saving in any manner. Please consider the
environment before printing this e-mail.