ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] multi-threaded Exchange backups

2011-11-28 15:39:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] multi-threaded Exchange backups
From: "Leonard, Matthew" <Matthew.Leonard AT ATLASAIR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:35:41 +0000
Me too.  Thanks

Matthew J. Leonard
Network Administrator
AtlasAir Worldwide Holdings
Network Operations Department
Matthew.Leonard AT AtlasAir DOT com
Office: 914.701.8715

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Schaub, Steve
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 9:00 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] multi-threaded Exchange backups

In case anyone is interested, I modified our Powershell script for full backup
of our Exchange databases so that it now backs up multiple concurrent Storage
Groups in a single script (because I'm too darn lazy to deal with multiple node
names, schedules, etc).

In our case, it dropped elapsed times from 36hr to 11hr, running 4 concurrent
threads.

If anyone would like a copy, just contact me.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer II, Windows Backup/Recovery BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
steve_schaub "at" bcbst.com

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm