ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 actlog size..

2011-11-18 13:11:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.5 actlog size..
From: "Underdown,John William" <JUNDERDOWN AT SYNOVUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:01:13 +0000
i copy records daily to a MySQL database, where i keep a year's worth of
data. i can then keep the retention period low on the TSM database.

MySQL is running on a salvaged box from the trash pile (it actually took
several boxes to make up one good one), running CentOS Linux. reporting
is done using Perl and Apache, with no impact on the TSM server and zero
cost.

On 11/17/2011 03:35 PM, Ajay Patel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On one of  my tsm server Activity Log Size: 3,742 M  so it is very
> difficult to get information from actlog - response time for 24 hour is
> too high and if we query for more then 24 hr then not sure on output...
>
> Could you please suggest  the solution without touching retention period
> ?.. TSM server version - 5.5 .4.3 on AIX
>

> Regards,
> Ajay Patel

NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the person or
entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential,
proprietary, and/or privileged material. Unless you are the
intended addressee, any review, reliance, dissemination,
distribution, copying or use whatsoever of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please reply
immediately and delete the material from all computers. Email sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not use email to send us
confidential information such as credit card numbers, PIN numbers,
passwords, Social Security Numbers, Account numbers, or other
important and confidential information.