ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrade from 5.5.6 to 6.3

2011-11-15 08:25:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrade from 5.5.6 to 6.3
From: Adrian Compton <acompton AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:19:54 +0000
Hi all

I have read in the upgrade PDF that you CANNOT go from AIX to LINUX (SUSE Ent
11) when migrating TSM to a new platform and upgrading it?

2 Questions:

1. Is this really true or merely a warning?
2. Can I migrate to an AIX platform and then restore that 6.3 DB2 TSM to the
new Linux platform?

Thanks in advance

Adrian Compton
Group IT Infrastructure
Aspen Pharmacare
8 Gibaud Street, Korsten, Port Elizabeth, 6014
P O Box 4002
Korsten
Port Elizabeth
6014
Switchboard Tel No: +27 (0) 41 407 2111   Direct Tel No: +27 (0) 41 407 2855
Fax:+27 (0) 41 453 7452    Cell:+27 (0) 82 861 7745
www.aspenpharma.com

This email is solely for the named addressee.   Any unauthorised use or
interception of this email, or the review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon the contents of this
email, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient, is prohibited.
If you are not the named addressee please notify us immediately by way of a
reply e-mail, and also delete this email and any attached files.
Disclaimer:  You must scan this email and any attached files for viruses and/or
any other defects.  Pharmacare Limited accepts no liability for any loss,
damages or consequence, whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic,
however caused, and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result
directly or indirectly from this communication or of any attached files.