ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] V6.2.3.0 lb device stops working with DataDomain STK L180 virtual library

2011-11-03 16:44:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] V6.2.3.0 lb device stops working with DataDomain STK L180 virtual library
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 15:39:46 -0400
When you change the slot count, removing/redefining the library works, but
you can also just halt/restart the TSM library manager instance.  If you
can afford the down time for the library manager, this is much less
hassle.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
11/02/2011 06:08 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] V6.2.3.0 lb device stops working with DataDomain STK L180
virtual library

Your DataDomain VTL has more than 4400 slots in it. If you can, reduce it
to <4400 slots, and it will resume normal behavior. You'll need to delete
and recreate the library for this to take effect, but it will work.

I've got a PMR open with IBM and a Case open with DataDomain on this
issue. I don't have the numbers handy, but IBM and DD are talking to each
other about this.

Nick

On Nov 2, 2011, at 10:43 AM, Costa, Justino wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded a V6.2.2.2 TIVsmSdev pkg on Solaris x86_64 to
> v6.2.3.0 and the DataDomain virtual library stopped working !
>
> After downgrading back to v6.2.2.2, it starts working again with no
> single error whatsoever.
>
> The errors I get (in hundreds) with TIVsmSdev  v6.2.3.0, after starting
> the server (with TIVsmS still on v6.2.2.2) and executing an "audit libr
> xxx checkl=barcode" are:
>
> ANR8821E Barcode of element 8224, '    ', exceeds 32 characters in
> length.
> ANR8479W Unable to audit slot-element 8224 of library LIB61.
>
> Any ideia of what it might  be ?
>
> thks,
> Jmc

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.