ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v63 is out there to download from the Passport Advantage page

2011-10-25 16:08:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v63 is out there to download from the Passport Advantage page
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:01:04 -0500
Easy, most all of the 32bit boxes we have left are so because of
Vendor\App requirements.  I know what you're saying is true, but there
are "vendors" who for some reason haven't realized it up until very
recently, including IBM.  The TKLM servers we run would NOT install on a
64bit RHEL server, I had to back them down to 32 bit.  Now that they're
there I'm not sure I can convert over to a 64bit OS.  There are other
apps/vendors in similar setups.
For me, as long as the 6.2 client works, I'm good.  And, like you I am
glad to see a true 64 bit client for Linux, my problem is that they can
continue to support Vista at 32 bit, and yet not Linux at that same
level.

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!