ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v63 is out there to download from the Passport Advantage page

2011-10-25 15:41:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v63 is out there to download from the Passport Advantage page
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:37:34 +0200
How so? Given the choice I would always install linux amd64/x86_64 if at all
possible (and it almost always is on any hardware purchased in the past 5 years
or so), even if I wouldn't need the 64 bit part for the application. For those
few servers that are not 64-bit capable, TSM 5.5, 6.1 and 6.2 are all still
fully supported. Even for 5.5 there is not even an announcement of an EOS
date...

I for one are happy that IBM finally after so may years provides a native 64
bit client for linux, relieving me of having to install a 32 bit runtime just
for the backup client....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post