ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] vtl versus file systems for pirmary pool

2011-10-17 11:13:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] vtl versus file systems for pirmary pool
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:06:07 +0000
Allen,
I haven't gone back and looked at the actual memory footprint, sorry. (These
aren't massive servers like yours!)
The post from Stefan is as good as any info I have.  I've been using this as a
rule of thumb:

- 12G min for a trivial-size TSM server (i.e. <=50 clients), without dedup or
the ISC
- 16G for larger without dedup
- more for dedup, + 64bit Windows if that's the server platform
+ 4G if the ISC is on the same machine

(I havent' seen a V6 server yet with a DB bigger than 500G, can't wait!)