ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Windows dsmsched.log and unicode characters

2011-10-13 14:56:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] Windows dsmsched.log and unicode characters
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:49:08 -0500
Good day,
TSM server (AIX) 6.2
TSM client (Windows 2008)  6.2
I'm hoping someone has the answer.

I have a scheduled daily archive/deletion running and scripted the use of the
log contents to verify  success.
I'm finding the log does not accurately represent Unicode characters. But,  the
TSM GUI does.

I've tried to read the contents of the log with a few different editors and it
appears the contents are not written using Unicode.
Anyone have any ideas on how to either get the log to contain the exact file
names being archive/deleted or a method to produce the information with the
correct Unicode names ?

Thanks,
Duane

Follow Quad/Graphics in social