ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Weird move nodedata with maxproc?

2011-10-11 07:56:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Weird move nodedata with maxproc?
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:51:12 +0200
That would've been me ;)

Since this:

"Specifies the maximum number of parallel processes to use for moving data.
This parameter is optional. You can specify a value from 1–999, inclusive. The
default value is 1. Increasing the number of parallel processes should improve
throughput"

is mentioned under "Move Node Data - Moving selected filespaces for one node"

I would assume that the process handles 1 filespace per process, not like
migration & backup storagepool, 1 node per process.

Regards

Daniel

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB